Engage can store multiple addresses for Relationships and Contacts,
The Engage Address Manager creates and maintains addresses at the Relationship entity. The addresses can be replicated down to any direct contacts associated with the relationship such as the primary or secondary contact. It can also update contacts like family members of a household relationship type. This ability to manage the address at the relationship level and then have it replicate and change the associated direct contact address allows for easier maintenance of addresses in Engage. It also helps to eliminate duplicate entry.
The address manager also allows for easy maintenance of addresses from one central entity such as Household, and any changes would be reflected in the hierarchy. Multiple addresses can be stored on both a Relationship and Contact record and easily set to the primary record. All the addresses are managed and maintained in the More Addresses section of the form.
- Click on Add New Address button in the More Addresses button in the top right of the More Addresses section.
- Enter a name for the address such as Main Beach Home or Second Personal Residence.
- Select the type of address in the dropdown.
- Enter in the required street address, city, state/provincial and zip code information.
- Click Save in the bottom right of the screen.
Once you have added additional addresses, you can choose which address is the Primary Mailing Address by:
- Select the address you want to change by clicking to open it.
- Click the Primary Mailing Address option.
- Click Save.
Within a few seconds, the primary address on the Relationship will be updated with the new address.
- Go into the related Contact.
- Ensure that the Contact is associated with the correct Relationship by making sure a Relationship is selected in the Relationship field.
- Select the Addresses tab at the top of the record
- Check the Inherit Rel. Address box.
- Click Save.
Best Practice: It is a good idea to always inherit contact addresses from their associated relationship. This reduces time spent managing address changes and minimizes errors.
Your Contact is now set to update its address when the Relationship record address updates!